Monday, September 12, 2011

A Fresh Fruit Quilt ~ A Quickie Quilt Tutorial!

I found this wonderful fabric from  Fresh Modern Fabric on Etsy.  I love the brightness, it's so cheery.   I was going to make table runners and pot holders, but once I got the fabric ironed and ready, I decided to make a quilt.  It's such a fun fabric, and deserving of quilt status!!!   I went to my old standard and favorite quilt pattern that I have used for many years.  I have no idea what the name of this pattern is,  but I love it because it shows off a lovely square and is easy and quick to make.  I decided to put up instructions for anyone who wants to make one.   If you do, let me know and show me pics!!!

I am hoping to finish piecing it today, and quilting it this week.   Husband is gone for a few hours and boys are in school so it should be no problem!!

You can use all kinds of fabrics to change the look of this quilt.   I have some Joel Dewberry Heirloom which I will try next!  Can't wait!
Here are the pieces you need 1 square 5"~  two sides 2 1/2 x 5"~ and two more sides 2 1/2 x 9' 
First sew the two small sides on and press seams towards square
Then sew the large sides on and press seams towards square   

  •  It's so easy!!!!   

1 comment:

  1. Jamie -like your new site. So interesting to see your fabric purchase from Fresh Modern Fabric on Etsy. She is helping me start a modern quilt guild in NW Ohio. I like her fabric, too. What a coincidence.! AND you picked great fabric and this quilt is going to be darling.

    ReplyDelete